What is the line between Bristol and Radford called

Sun Apr 5 08:46:57 EDT 2015

On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 10:38 PM,
​Jeff
 wrote:

I bought the book on the Clinch Valley, but I often travel down I81 to NC
> and have wondered about the line between Radford and Bristol.  Does this
> line have a name? I hope some day a book on the line is brought out in the
> Branch Line series.

​The Bristol Line is typically how it is referenced, although to the
railroad it is the Pulaski District. That is the original main line of the
Virginia and Tennessee Railroad, which made connection at Lynchburg.
Central, now Radford, was an important point on the line early on and was
the origin of the new line west to the coal fields.

Bruce in Blacksburg
​