NW-Mailing-List Digest, Vol 122, Issue 25

Mon Jun 8 17:53:19 EDT 2015

Lynn

    I don't think they will ever have to do that there's more than enough
originals out there.

Larry Evans

NW Mailing List
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2015 2:28 PM
To: nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org

There are whistle makers out there, you can duplicate it, when the time
comes, I am sure they'll get the right whistle on.

NKP 765 has ran with many differrent guest whistles, when it ran the
Horseshoe curve it blew a K4 whistle.

For now I guess its do what you can.

-Lynn-

Re: 611

6/8/2015 10:53 AM

Mark

   I can't add a lot to what Ken said but you are correct it does not sound
right and

I have heard from a dozen or more people about it . Everyone's  trying to be
politically

Correct and not say anything for fear they would come off as nick picking. I
am glad Ken as spoken to Scott about it . I was going to bring it to his
attention this coming weekend

If I  got a chance sounds like their aware of it . Hopefully changing it out
will correct

The problem . Theres a lot of things that can affect the sounds of a whistle
in this case

I think it'sPreston's whistles is worn and steam cut more but it could be
languid plate raised or bent, how the whistle is rolled long bell up or
down, the current whistle is piped up with 2" pipe the original was 1 1/2.
When 611 came out in 82 it was also wrong it took awhile but they finely got
it wright. If VMT had not forced the Sprit of Roanoke thing we would have a
great sounding whistle and no stupid sticker to deal with

Larry Evans

Kenova, WV