611

Sat Jun 13 08:54:09 EDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Ed wrote:

So as far as I’m concerned, some little yellow letters under the cab window
> are not worth mentioning.  Be happy that they are running around on such a
> magnificent machine.

I'm with Ed and others on this -- instead of worrying about a small
promotion of the city where magnificent steam power was built, we could be
in CSX land, where "steam" is a bad word and even dead-in-tow movements
aren't permitted (re: movement of the engine from Baltimore to Cumberland
via flatbed truck). The VMT was also somewhat discrete with the placement
of the lettering; it could have gone full-out NASCAR with emblems of all
the major sponsors and supporters plastered on the tender sides. Those who
want to waste their time being peeved are welcome to stay home, it will
mean more space (on the train and trackside) for those who are more
interested and excited about seeing the J running again.

Bruce in Blacksburg