Status of 2156 ?

Wed Jun 24 15:47:36 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Jeff wrote:

That is called a run-around air hose. It was necessary to get air to the
> cars/engines behind the 2156 so that the air brakes would be operable
> on everything except the Y
>
> It should come off after the engine is placed in it's final spot.

I understand what it is/was for, but with all the attention to detail that
has been paid to creating Heritage paint schemes and the restoration of the
J, it would seem that someone would have found a way to move or cover the
hose for the Big Three line up (especially since people paid money to
see/photograph the line up). It just struck me as a low-class move on the
part of those putting on the event to leave it in plain sight.

Bruce in Blacksburg