Nice photo from fallen flags website

Wed Jun 24 14:08:34 EDT 2015

It's a great photo. The N&W E-2s were one of my favorite engines especially in what I call "the 1937 look". Most of the photos I have or have seen of that period show the big high headlight platform usually with the tall number-board HL installed and small lettering. It's a very unique N&W look to me.
What a shame the ORM isn't interested in the 578 and sharing it with the world.
Thanks for sharing that beautiful photo with us.
Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works

 Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 6:50 AM
 Subject: Re: Nice photo from fallen flags website

The M-2cs and E-2as were contemporaries, but not sisters. EdKing From: NW Mailing List Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 9:28 PMTo: nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org Subject: Re: Nice photo from fallen flags website thatengine almost looks like an M2c 4-8-0 on a 4-6-2 wheels set, the similaritiesare interesting.

nice shot for a switchlamp and dwarf semaphoresignal.

-Lynn-