need help finding a photo

Sun Jul 19 11:53:16 EDT 2015

Thanks Jim, I appreciate your taking the time to look.

If anyone else out there can help me find that photo,  I will be most grateful.

Brent

Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 13:37:04 +0000
Subject: Re: need help finding a photo

Brent,

There was a series by Roy Hurlburt on N&W hopper cars beginning with Volume 1, No. 4 of the N&W Historical Society Newsletter and continuing into Volume 2.  I have paged through those articles and the photo you are looking for is not in any of the articles I have.

I do remember the photo you describe and believe it might have appeared in one of the Society's yearly calendars.  Sorry I can't pinpoint it any further.

Best wishes.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD

Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 8:16:11 AM
Subject: need help finding a photo

Years back, there was a series of articles in the Arrow on the evolution of N&W hopper car classes. I seem to remember a photo of the cast steel underframe from General Steel Castings that was used on the 25 HBa/H7a cars, but I  can't find this issue/article in my collection anymore and that particular photo wasn't included in Dow's book.  (I remember the photo showed the frame casting standing upright on its side.)

Can anyone on this list please help me find a copy, scan, or link to that photo again?

Sincere thanks,
Dr. J. Brent Greer