Numbers

Mon Aug 10 07:33:51 EDT 2015

I confess – the sum of the N&W big three adding up to the UP 4-6-6-4 was sent me by Vello Nickolaou, an old friend who just got back home after viewing all three at the VMT.  Vello was the producer of some of the railroad programs done by the Histrophy Channel a few years back.

And Mike is correct – 3985=676!

And, Mike, Clinchfield 677 is coming out of my backshop soon.  I always wanted a Bowser Wowser, and I’m finally getting mine done, thanks to the Rev. Jim Nichols who supplied some needed parts.  I numbered it after a Southern Ks 2-8-0 that was at Bristol for a spell.  Fits right after the renumbered UP job.

And no, Frank; the N&W big three do not in any other respects add up to a UP Challenger.  None of the UP’s big three (800, Challenger, Big Boy) could have come down to the N&W and done what the N&W”s big three did.

EdKing