Numbers

Mon Aug 10 19:41:59 EDT 2015

Roger:  My 2 cents regarding the A vs. the UP Challengers.  The A is plus 14,000 pounds
on starting T.E.; has drivers 1 inch greater diameter; and weighs 50,000 pounds less.
The Y and the Big Boy are not directly comparable; although the Y's starting T.E. is 30,000
pounds greater.  The J seems to have been overdesigned; approached its limit more in
excursion service than in its pre 1960 'career'.

Jerome Crosson;  NWHS; st. Louis Museum of Transportation; residing in St. Peters MO.