Powhatan Arrow

Sat Aug 15 13:47:25 EDT 2015

Charles:

As you have probably noticed, the consist of the Powhatan Arrow was made up
 of three types of coaches, P1, P2, and P3, the diner, and the
observation/lounge.  From everything I have read, a five-car Arrow would  have the
following consist:
P1 (501, etc.), vestibule trailing
P2 (510, etc), vestibule trailing
Diner, kitchen leading
P3, vestibule trailing
Observation/lounge

Sometimes a six- or seven-car Arrow would be run if traffic  warranted.
MTH released additional P3s with different numbers to allow  this.  Although
it's reasonable to expect that practice varied, it appears  that the most
common way to expand the consist was first to add a second P3  after the diner,
then for a seven-car consist put a P3 between the P2 and the  diner.  But,
if you choose to run a longer version, anyone who nit-picks  how you do it
should be ignored.

Have fun!

Regards,

Dave Phelps

In a message dated 8/15/2015 1:04:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,