The J -- correctly designed or no?

Tue Aug 18 23:04:55 EDT 2015

The N&W was for a long time consumerate for getting their traffic over
them mountains the best way they could. It starts with their 4-8-0, they
decided on the 4-8-0 than like 2-8-2's to get more weight on those
drivers. the M's then the M2's. Then the articulateds.
Its all the same for the J, move them passengers the best way over them
mountains at speed. Over design? Nopers. Effective design, yeppers.
Excursion trains are for fun, Regular service trains are for get dem
passenger where they gotta go...fast.

A longer train would slow them down on the hills.

-Lynn-