More on the Pocahontas image

Thu Sep 24 11:10:05 EDT 2015

Rick is absolutely right. I am wiser now, and agree with everything he asaid.
Jim Nichols

 Re: The Pocahontas Image. Please look very carefully at the far left of the photo from railpictures.net.  In front of the class Pg coach is a BMf postal baggage with a shadow over the postal apartment.  Behind the Pg coach is a Pm coach which would be highly unusual for Trains 9 and 10.  That is why my logic tells me this is the Pocahontas. If anyone has any doubt about the postal car on the Pocahontas in 1954 check out these b&w photos.  The postal car always ran ahead of the first coach, baggage end forward. The fifth car in the Roanoke view is a Bmf postal baggage car scheduled Cincinnati to Norfolk.  Three of the storage mail cars came off in Roanoke. One went on to Lynchburg on train 10 (to Greensboro NC via Southern), the other to Petersburg in Train 8.  I will scan and submit separately train consist sheets for Train 4 as it existed in March 1954.  I also have sheets for Trains 9 and 10 if there is enough interest.  --Rick Morrison

Moderator: