NW-Mailing-List Digest, Vol 125, Issue 48

Tue Sep 29 23:02:39 EDT 2015

Bruce

What Ed is trying to say is that a helper engine running light or another fairly
fast train would be traveling behind our pictured train.  It's designated as a
second section of #5 and gets to use its spot in the time table rather than
have to run as an extra.  It would not be displaying any classification lights
or flags.

It's a dispatcher trick to get another train across the railroad.  The additional
section doesn't have to have a single passenger car in it.

I've got that right about the final section, don't I Ed.  Eastern railroads didn't
use train number boards like western railroads.

Stoney
Rick C Stone
NWHS #0001