News Clip Regarding the Deadly Consequences of Taking Photos on RR Tracks

Thu Oct 8 21:13:06 EDT 2015

Tracks do seem to have an attraction. A few years back I witnessed an
unfortunate incident while riding southbound on Amtrak from Providence to
Culpeper. A couple decided that they could snake around the crossing gate
and make it past the train. I felt the collision, and saw what turned out
to be part of their pick up flying past my window. Are folks no longer
taught the time-speed-distance problem in school?