N&W served Virginia military bases circa 1940s

Tue Oct 20 17:50:22 EDT 2015

I’m guessing the Naval Operating Base at Norfolk, VA.

I’ve got an old Fire Control and Search Radar Calibration Chart which lists the Norfolk &Western R.R serving Pier A and Pier B just South of the Naval Convoy Escort Piers 20, 21, 22, and 23 (all of which have tracks going to the piers).  The chart is dated 12 Feb 1962.

Steve Watson

USN RET