[NSInvest] Norfolk Southern announces service changes in response to upcoming Positive Train Control deadline

Thu Oct 22 19:16:40 EDT 2015

VRE forwarded NS’s note to all their riders today. They said they expect the same from CSX.  This has widespread impacts if it does happen.

I noticed on NS’s website, their story lists all the chemicals that would not be allowed on their system. If this does take place, I think we’ll see prices going up and inventories going down. Looked like various fuels and things used in fuels and for plastics and such on the list.

If suppliers and installers are doing all they can to get it done, then seems like the railroads are stuck. Hopefully Washington will see their way for an extension.

Phil