Pacific #572

Sun Jan 10 08:59:11 EST 2016

I have 3 HO scale NWSL E-2 Pacific's I want to rework as specific
locomotives. While looking through my photos trying to decide which engines
would be the lucky candidates I discovered the 572 as being unique (I
think) by having a large inspection cover on the left side of the boiler
between the sand dome and the steam dome. (see attachment)

I wonder why this seems to be the only engine of the class with that
particular feature? Was it the only E-2 with one?

I'd still like to find out that one of them also used a cross-compound air
pump too.

I have 3 Sunset M-2's I want to rework also and during my photo search for
both these classes I made a strange discovery about N&W steam.........I'm
really drawn to what I call the 1935-37 look. The beer keg headlight
bracket with the round headlight with the angled number plate on top.

Roger Huber
Deer Creek Locomotive Works

Moderator: