Pullman Question

Thu Jan 28 17:40:32 EST 2016

Check the July/August 2001 issue of "The Arrow". Lowery was painted red with stripes and lettered for N&W. Chilhowie apparently was still Pullman green when scrapped in1962. I'm not sure about Galax, as I don't have access to the article right now.
Jim Nichols

   Howdy Friends

 French's The Norfolk & Western Railway book lists that some 12-1 named Pullmans, still Pullman owned, were painted in Pullman colors.  Those were Chilhowie, Galax, and Lowry.

 Were these three painted red?

 If so, did they have any striping.

 FYI....  Golden Gate is doing some O scale 12-1 cars in N&W paint.

 Thanks, and take care
 Bill

 --
==  Scale Model Railroad Products  ==
== Manufacturer - Retailer - Importer ==

Bill & Diane Wade

B.T.S.
1782 Trinity Rd
Belington, WV  26250-7621

Phone: 304-823-3729
FAX: 304-823-2901
http://www.btsrr.com/

We wish you Fair Winds and Following Seas.