Fwd: signal apparatus

Sat Jan 30 09:29:35 EST 2016

So, for the benefit of silhouetting, the excessive height would have
been pointless in the hollows of the Pocahontas Division (?). Nice.

The arms for each route were "ranked" by route speed from high to low
and that relative height was maintained across adjacent masts on the
same bridge or, particularly, bracket signal. Thus, the height is
staggered between masts and otherwise similar arm arrangements of
bracket signals at the ends of sidings.

Thanks, Abram. How's that book coming along?

Grant Carpenter,

bloviating weenie
and aspiring curmudgeon