Pullman question What do we really know??? (NW Mailing List)

Sun Jan 31 02:55:31 EST 2016

>So, where does one go to find complete and definitive information about the Pullman sleeping cars used on the N&W? How can we, the modelers, historians and manufacturers be expected to get things right if the information is for all intents and purposes unavailable?

Just because you don't know where to look that doesn't mean that the information is unavailable.  If you were a person that spent any time on the Passenger Car List at Yahoo! Groups the answer would be right at your finger tips.  Tom Madden's Pullman Project website is hope to the Pullman Car Construction Records, a comprehensive listing of all Pullman cars along with their initial dispositions, the paint schemes they wore and a whole lot more.  Tom's work has been extensive and exhausting and for anyone interested in passenger equipment the CCR is the single best resource available today.  What's even better is that its absolutely free to download.

The link below will take you to the Pullman Project website.  Once there you will be able to find where to download the CCR.  Keep in mind that the file is big and that it is an Excel file so you will need Excel reader if you don't have it.  Once you have downloaded it there are a number of options that you can use to find information on many different Pullman cars, including the ones already mentioned in this thread.

http://<http://www.pullmanproject.com>www.pullmanproject.com<http://www.pullmanproject.com>

--

jerry
<jmlaboda at passcarphotos.info<mailto:jmlaboda at gmail.com>>

"N"quiring minds want to know!!!

HAVING AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE...

PROUD FATHER OF A WINNING COSPLAY DAUGHTER!!!

Passenger Car Photo Index -- UPDATED 8/2/15 WITH OVER 10,672 NEW LINKS ADDED!!!
<http://passcarphotos.info<http://passcarphotos.info/>>

N-scale Varnish Passenger Car User's Guide
<http://n-scalevarnish.info/index/varnish/UsersGuide/>