Pullman question What do we really know??? (NW Mailing List)

Wed Feb 3 02:47:47 EST 2016

Here are a couple of links to shots that show the end windows on DINWIDDIE COUNTY...

http://www.railcarphotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=73665

http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1154685

http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=2227731

I do not know of any shots of a Plan 3521G observation car but the ends were similar to what was found on these two former Pullman cars...

http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=242947

http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1152599

http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1152603

Why Pullman chose to put vestibules on some cars is not at all clear... but in the case of most lounge cars where the lounge was adjacent to the vestibule two sets of windows were provided on both the interior bulkhead and on the outer end.

--

jerry
<jmlaboda at passcarphotos.info<mailto:jmlaboda at gmail.com>>

"N"quiring minds want to know!!!

HAVING AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE...

PROUD FATHER OF A WINNING COSPLAY DAUGHTER!!!

Passenger Car Photo Index -- UPDATED 8/2/15 WITH OVER 10,672 NEW LINKS ADDED!!!
<http://passcarphotos.info<http://passcarphotos.info/>>

N-scale Varnish Passenger Car User's Guide
<http://n-scalevarnish.info/index/varnish/UsersGuide/>