new question

Sun Feb 21 10:42:18 EST 2016

Jim

Did N&W go to electrified rear markers? I've never truly seen an example of one that was electrified, now the classification lamps on the older locomotives, were simply electrified Armspears, with clear lens and a green flip down lens inside. But I've never seen any of the Armspear lamps that appear to have been electrified by the railroad, and since they still used the lamps on cabooses or end of train, it would have been odd to had sets of lamps strictly for passenger equipment equipped for electrified lamps. I know the markers were no longer required after the early 1960s.

I don't know if lamps were simply assigned to a cab, a conductor, or if there were shelves of them in the crew locker rooms to be picked up as needed.

Never thought to ask my Father on that one.

Ken Miller