Steam on the GSMR

Thu Mar 10 05:16:45 EST 2016

Roger,

I would say that the engine being rebuilt is the 1702 as she has been apart longer than the 722.
722 was/is owned by the Asheville chapter of the NRHS(I think), some group in Asheville owns her.  722 went to GSMR with the idea being she could be put back on the rails faster than the 722, inspection proved otherwise.  Last time the SRHA was at GSMR both were in parts as the parent company of GSMR was taking all the money to run their western steam ops, Cumbres and Toltec, I think as they were the bigger op.  In the end 722 needed more work than 1702.

James Wall
Rural Hall, NC