old power plant

Fri Apr 8 22:26:49 EDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 2:52 PM, Kim wrote:

Thank you both!  Bruce, Google was a "brain phart" to me since my mind
> didn't get past NOT knowing who the local power company was.  I knew it was
> not Appalachian Power.  I'm a former APCo employee that worked the Logan
> and Williamson areas, and I knew there were local power companies before
> there was APCo.  Great info!

I hope the hints about the Tug River Power Company and the Kentucky & West
Virginia Power Company leads get you headed down the path to finding more
details.

The digitization project that Google is doing to preserve publications and
make them available on the internet is a great thing. The Virginia Tech
library (and many others) have many of these turn-of-the-last century
engineering publications tucked away in storage (and available to those who
know what to ask for), but it takes either leads from another source to
know which issue/volume to search through or just lots of time to pick a
publication at random and peruse the pages looking for interesting items.
With Google scanning and indexing these treasure troves of historical data,
it is a little easier to find these things. Have fun with your research, I
have an appointment with something called The Black Diamond.

Bruce in Blacksburg