NW PR Photo at White WV

NW Mailing List nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org
Mon Apr 11 07:04:05 EDT 2016


Archives drawing HS-W10034 (N&W engineering drawing 11100-G), originally
drawn in 1924 but updated (at least partially) through 1938, covers the
planned electrification through that area. The center siding already
existed by 1924. The visible foundations would have been for full catenary
bridges; there would have been two additional single-pole supports on the
outside of the curve between each full bridge.

A close examination of the original photo reveals a foundation hidden in the
weeds on the outside of the curve, opposite the second foundation of the
side of the tracks. See attachment.

Abram, the above drawing also labels the pole line on the on the river side
of the tracks as a 'telegraph line' but does not show the pole line on the
other side.

Joe Shaw
Christiansburg, VA

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://pairlist6.pair.net/pipermail/nw-mailing-list/attachments/20160411/27ef78e4/attachment.html>

More information about the NW-Mailing-List mailing list