Round N&W Steam Loco Number Board Casting or Other ID Marks

Tue May 17 08:18:30 EDT 2016

Dave

They are called "number plates" either round or rectangular. Out of my collection of plates, plus a couple I've sold, none had numbers stamped or inscribed in them. I have, or had at least 8 different round plates, plus a number  of rectangle plates from smaller locos. Numbers stamped or marked could appear, but I've never seen them on any of mine.

Ken Miller