Subject: N&W Steam Locomotive Builders Plates

Wed Aug 3 13:20:44 EDT 2016

In 1958, my brother drove my 1956 Studebaker down to Portsmouth,
Ohio, to visit the scrapper for all those N&W steam locomotives.

The Builder's plates were plied in a heap and my brother bought
several for $ 1.00 each. His main concern was loading the two bells
he purchased at $75.00 each and the J headlight and marker lights he
also purchased for $75.00.

The plates are numbered 411, 394, 279, and 268.

The headlight was cut out of 605 in my brothers presence, and the
markers are off of 607.

One the bells was off of Y3a 2073, the other was a Clinchfield bell.

He was almost down to the springs when he left town in that Studebaker.

We regret to this day not renting a truck, and driving back down
there to fill it up with "Goodies"!

Ron Peisker