Locos at Clare OH early 1900s

Tue Aug 9 15:34:49 EDT 2016

A quick look through Prince's book shows several W2s and M1s with that
dome.  It was the location of the check valves with piping running back
to the injectors in front of the cab.

Take care
Bill

On 8/9/2016 1:41 PM, NW Mailing List wrote:
> Curious if anyone knows the purpose of the 'extra' dome that is located
> between the sand dome and the bell on these two locos? Probably 4-8-0s.
>
> Thanks,  John Garner   Newport VA

==  Scale Model Railroad Products  ==
== Manufacturer - Retailer - Importer ==

Bill & Diane Wade

B.T.S.
1782 Trinity Rd
Belington, WV  26250-7621

Phone: 304-823-3729
FAX: 304-823-2901
http://www.btsrr.com

We wish you Fair Winds and Following Seas.