Diesel class lights?

Tue Sep 13 13:49:58 EDT 2016

On 9/13/2016 9:00 AM, NW Mailing List wrote:

> The Punkin' Vine was operated by this classic "Time Table / Train Order" method of operation into the 1970s, when CTC was installed. In CTC territory, train schedules really count for nothing, as all trains just "proceed on signal indication." Which is to say that the signal indications give them the authority to use the main line, not a Time Table schedule.
  Just to clear one thing up. The last Shenandoah Div. timetable to have
a timetable of trains was No. 5 Effective Sunday, May 20, 1973. The CTC
was put in operation sometime after that date. Even though the CTC rules
were in effect, trains still had to abide by the timetable and could not
pass named locations before the time stated in the ETT. I still have a
few of these timetables if somebody wants one.

Jimmy Lisle