Idle signal aspects

Thu Nov 17 15:35:33 EST 2016

Grant,
Thanks for your note.  Let me see if I understand the "reverse main"
thing.  N&W used right-hand running so traffic headed toward
Portsmouth/Columbus on the right-hand main would be running in the "normal"
direction (let me know where I screw up here).  Movements headed towards
Norfolk on the other main (right-hand for them) would also be the norm.
Signals facing opposite the flows just described on either main would then
be considered as giving "reverse main" indications?  So, if I understand
you correctly, and I am out in intermediate land several blocks from any
control point on a day with no traffic (no routes set), I would see clears
for the right-hand main and stop-and-proceeds on the left-hand main, no
matter what direction I am looking.  Is this anywhere close to what you
were telling me?
Thanks,
JIm Cochran