Mystery Sign Help

Mon Jan 2 18:39:55 EST 2017

A friend of mine who works for CSX here in Richmond received a railroad
sign for Christmas and I'm tapped our on ideas as to what it might be from.
The person who gave it to him said the seller was in the Roanoke area and
told them the sign was of N&W hertiage.

The number plates on N&W signals were oriented in a horizontal fashion. I
can't ever recall seeing a vertical one like this.  Also note the severed
bracket at the top - it appears to have hung from something. If it were on
a signal, it would only make sense that was the 49.5 since the last digit
represents a tenth of a mile.

Any thoughts?

Jeff Hawkins

Moderator: