Mystery Sign Help

Mon Jan 2 21:43:43 EST 2017

Aubrey et al -

Shortly after I sent this e-mail I figured out what it is.  This is the number plate off Atlantic Coast Line signal 49.5 between Stony Creek and Jarratt, VA.  The design and configuration is spot on for the ACL signals and I was able to confirm an intermediate signal was once located at the 49.5 from 1953 ACL track charts.

Jeff Hawkins

  Sent: Monday, January 02, 2017 7:15 PM
  Subject: Re: Mystery Sign Help

  Jeff,

  Virginian had vertical milepost number plates on its signals.  One might think it could be from milepost 49.5 except Virginian did not have a signal there, plus Virginian's had strap metal pieces on both top and bottom to attach to the pole.

  Aubrey Wiley
  "Our stories give our lives meaning." Rudyard Kipling, 1928