Blake Tower

Fri Mar 31 12:46:39 EDT 2017

abram burnett asked:
> Can anyone provide a good, close set of coordinates for BlakeTower on the Radford Division?
> As many years as I ran up and down that track, I could never find out, or figure out, the location.

N&W Engineering drawing 13690-C dated Feb. 16, 1949 (Archives drawing HS-S00006)
http://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=108284
shows that it was on the (timetable) south side of the tracks, just west of bridge 832.
In other words, it was on the far side of the East River right behind where the photographer
was standing in the recent photo.

I have never seen a photo of it either.

Joe Shaw
Christiansburg, VA