Block indicator details

Fri May 26 20:40:58 EDT 2017

Good afternoon:

I've attached five photos of the interior details of the block indicator
that I described about two weeks ago as having been used at an unspecified
N&W depot.  In viewing the construction details, it is made better than
something from a home garage, but not as sophisticated as a US&S or GRS
product.  My speculation is that the N&W metal or signal shop produced this
block indicator.

Construction details include:

1) Porcelain lamp sockets with mica under the positive connector.  These
are standard threaded-bulb fixtures.  No original bulbs are included but
they would need to be small to fit inside and probably at low voltage
because there is no heat venting.

2) The tabs at the base for securing the block indicator to a shelf as well
as the two threaded rods on the back for securing the back plate are tack
welded.

3) The interior was white.  Black paint on the glass panels for "EB" and
"WB" is flaking off.

4) The case is flat steel that has been shaped with smoothed, rounded edges
with welded seams.  It has a professional metal-working appearance.

Best wishes for you Memorial Day weekend,

Frank

Moderator: