future 611 trips ??

Tue Jun 6 16:27:38 EDT 2017

On 6/6/2017 1:57 PM, NW Mailing List via NW-Mailing-List wrote:

/*
Hard to argue with visionary evidence.   N&W's 1984 Shenandoah Division
track chart must
*//*
have an error in it.
*/

Maybe, maybe not.
I have been down the Punk, of course it was a long time ago and remember
the curves to the bridge at Pine Hall as being pretty tight. Much
tighter than they look on Google maps. So, I got to looking at someplace
much more familiar to me. That being Natural Bridge Station. Once again,
the aerial views do not do the tight curves justice! Especially those
north of the bridge and going past the lumber yard at Graves. I have
also noticed this same aberration when looking for places along the
Norfolk and Radford Divisions to photograph the 611 the past couple of
years. When I would get to the place that I had picked out, things were
much more compressed in real life. Go figure!

Jimmy Lisle