Where were the "other" depots along the James River?

Thu Jul 6 13:16:24 EDT 2017

reaching Lynchburg, both Christian's and Chambers' books state that the
O&A reached the Amherst County side of the James River and began operations
on January 14, 1860. Until a bridge was built over the James, Chambers says
coaches transported passengers along Rover Road, then across the covered and
 wooden Ninth Street bridge to the Lynchburg side and the existing station
of the V&T. Later that year an O&A bridge over the James was  completed and
service commenced. However, a freshet in 1871 washed away bridges  of both
the O&A and Southside.

The Orange & Alexandria established a yard on the Lynchburg side of the
river. Although I can not find the source at this minute, I have read in a
Civil  War publication of the inconvenience and time consuming process by which
 the trucks of  freight cars of different gauges were traded at the O&A
yard.  The O&A was 4' 8-1/2" gauge while the V&T was 5'  gauge. Freight and
passengers had to be hauled by wagon to the Southside  depot on Percival's
Island.  Remember in an earlier message I described  there was not a physical
connection between the V&T and Southside until  1870.

Aubrey Wiley
"Our stories give our lives meaning."  Rudyard Kipling, 1928