Where were the "other" depots along the James River?

Sun Jul 9 16:48:25 EDT 2017

Thanks Gordon. Nice work.

I think it's safe to assume that this is referring to a railroad bridge
since a wagon bridge had been built to the south bank (i.e. Lynchburg) in
1854. So 1855 is the date for this important, historical connection. Good to
know. The density of different transportation modes, railroads, and industry
along Lynchburg's river front since 1757 amazes me.

I should know but I don't . . . are annual reports for N&P, SS, V&T, or City
Point at the NWHS archives? NS archives?

John Garner   Newport VA