Shenandoah Division question

Fri Jul 21 09:43:56 EDT 2017

The first passenger Geeps (then 762-767) were delivered in February 1957, so I assume the changeover was shortly after that. (these were later regeared and modified to become 500-505).
Jim Nichols

 I am currently gathering information on the sleeper car service provided by the PRR and the N&W in the New York City to Roanoke route.  Part of the article describes the service in October 1961 and the equipment that typically would have been included on those trains, which were PRR #645 and #638 along with N&W Trains #1 and #2.  Is this accurate?

Also, does anyone know when the N&W switched from steam to diesel power on Trains #1 and #2?

Thanks for your help,

Chuck Bender
<abcdbend at comcast.net>
Treasurer