Two Questions related to Petersburg Va

Thu Aug 17 10:15:56 EDT 2017

This coach ran through to and from Washington. There was a fairly long layover in Richmond while waiting for an RF&P connecting train. I rode it northbound in the late summer of 1955. Since it was an N&W car, I think the RF&P coach that would show up on 15 and 16 was balancing per diem.
Jim Nichols

 During the 1950s at Petersburg I recall that N&W #3 carried a coach that was switched to the northbound ACL Short train. And the southbound ACL Short train carried a coach that was switched to #4.
Help with the question: where was the final destination for the coach off of #3 and where did the coach originate that was switched to #4?

Also, attached is a photo of an interlocking tower that appears to be once located at the west end of Broadway Yard in Petersburg. Anyone have any history of this tower, i.e. name, date built, date razed, etc.?
Thanks,Herman Wilkins

Moderator: