2018 Convention

Wed Sep 6 19:35:39 EDT 2017

Jim and all,
  The North Carolina Transportation Museum at Spencer, NC was announced during the Strasburg convention as the site of the 2018 convention and occur during the month of May. Since this past convention, we have been in talks with the museum about securing space and meeting rooms and I can say that a deposit was sent to the museum this week.  Once I have confirmation that the museum has received our deposit and has properly put us on the calendar I will then announce the official dates during the month of May.  Expect said announcement on this board by this time next week.
  I have also been speaking with hotels and we are in the process of securing blocks in two hotels that are adjacent to each other and within 10 minutes of the museum.  I will receive the paper work tomorrow for review and will then forward to Ron for proper signatures, etc. Once the hotels are officially secured, I will announce that information complete with rates on this board as well.
  It is my goal to feed the membership as much information as possible in a very early manner so that people can properly plan.  Hang in there with me.  Thanks to all.
Regards,
Todd ArnettDirector2018 Convention Chairman