N&W 2-8-0?

Thu Sep 14 13:05:33 EDT 2017

That is the 475, an M class 4-8-0, probably after retirement but still wearing the fake diamond stack which was part of its "backdating" for historic occasions. At the time it was done, the M's were the smallest engines still on the roster, so an M was chosen to look like a "old" engine.
Jim Nichols

 The NWHS archives has a unlabelled 3x5 "snapshot" of what appears to be a 2-8-0 with a N&W labelled tender. I'm guessing its a W class perhaps but the stack and headlight bracket don't match any I could find (Jeffries Giant of Steam).
Anybody have any ideas on this image?
http://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=151000

The photos in this collection appear to be late 50s early 60s. No dates are locations are given. Only "J.B. Perske".
- Roger LInk