dolled-up 475

Mon Sep 18 14:06:38 EDT 2017

I was in  the roundhouse in November 1959 and 611, 475 and I believe it was Class A 1214 were there.  Have slides here someplace.

Dave Stephenson

 I was in the Shaffers Crossing Roundhouse in the spring of 1960 and the 475 along with a Class A, whose number I have forgotten, were stored in the portion of the roundhouse that was later torn down.  The 475 still had the balloon stack, brass boiler bands, etc. at that time.  Somewhere I have a picture of the 475 that I made in the roundhouse.  There was also a S1 or S1a with the number painted out stored outside.
I believe that the 475 was also used in the City of Roanoke 75th Anniversary celebration around 1957.
W.E. Honeycutt

Sent from my iPad