Wm. C. Walstrum, Supt. of Telegraph 1888-1915

Fri Oct 20 07:01:53 EDT 2017

Can anyone send me the Roanoke obituary for William C. Walstrum, the N&W
Superintendent of Telegraph from 1888 to 1915, who died May 8, 1915, at
Roanoke?

I am working on an article which will run on the Internet Telegraph Wire,
and need some more details for Walstrum's life.  His entry in the 1906 ed.
of Railway Officials of North America is very brief and only states that he
was born in Charlottesville and worked for Western Union 1870-1888. The
February 9, 1889, issue of Electrical Review mentions that he had been the
Western Union Night Chief Operator at Richmond from 1872 until he left for
the N&W in 1888.  The May 16, 1915, issue of Telegraph & Telephone Age adds
that he was born in 1855 and became a telegraph operator in 1870.  That's
all I have so far, which is why I am searching for his local obituary.

PDF attached.

   -- 73 SW &
(abram burnett)