"Castle Rock Branch" off the Roanoke & Southern ... ?

Sun Nov 12 00:59:08 EST 2017

Thanks for this Bruce. Great find!

I do know the mining company, in some form or another, did manage to stagger on for a few years, as I have notes in my files regarding the quantities of ore extracted, I believe in 1904. Obviously, the iron age in Virginia was at its end. I have no idea how or to where the ore was transported, but the quantities, if I recall correctly, was not high.

Ken Miller