THE ARROW and TAF

Wed Jan 24 12:02:51 EST 2018

Ron

Your question may well be one that no one is positive on an answer to is why you have not gotten a response.

Your question:

When steam locomotives had a complete overhaul, and was re assembled, did only one trained mechanic set the valve assembly without moving or rotating the wheels, and how did he do it ?

Those questions are for the folks who have restored steam today and how it is handled. My guess for steam era valve setting was handled with several folks, one lead person and some helpers. It is a science.

I remember "Pappy" Houseman with the 611 restoration in 1982, he knew all the details from all those years ago.

Best
Ken Miller