Cooper bridge

Wed Feb 14 03:30:40 EST 2018

Oh, wow, my favorite place on the railroad. I think originally it was Cooper’s as John Cooper owned the big house by the tracks. The possessive apostrophe was a casualty of time.
I think he founded the town and the mine. I have a picture of the sign that is posted nearby. Mill creek or something like it. For height reference the spacing of the lines on the abutments and piers is 30 inches. (Yes I have spent many hours at that bridge.). It is quite massive for 1946.
It is by far my favorite train watching spot.
Mike Shockley