AM&O RR - Question about Allegheny Station

Sat Feb 17 09:10:24 EST 2018

Stephen,

This is just a guess:  Alleghany Springs is associated  with Shawsville and was located several miles  off the railroad up the South Fork of the Roanoke River. Could the station at what we know today as Shawsville have then been called Alleghany?   Even today some refer to this area as “ up Alleghany.”

     Ray Smoot