Switches, points & turnouts

Tue Apr 10 10:05:56 EDT 2018

Jeff

I also thank you for further explanation.  I remember someone posting pictures as the track was realigned and new turnouts installed in Roanoke. IIRC from the photos the assembly was two panels; one had the movable points and part of the closure rails, the second was closure rails, guard rails and frog.  A two piece bolt together assembly beats building the whole thing a piece at a time in place.
I purchased some commercial turnout kits for my 7.5 inch gauge railroad and that is how they go together. Build two halves and join them.

Sent from my digital telegraph key
Jim Stapleton
Purcellville VA