line poles

Sat Apr 14 10:41:56 EDT 2018

Not Honaker. (wrong motive power) I vote for Virginia Creeper.
Jim Nichols

 There is currently a couple photos on Ebay taken from a branch line mixed train with a bunch of stock cars on the head end (?maybe Honaker?).  The thing that caught my eye were the "trees" along the line.  It looks like they might have been cut and might be being used as line poles.  Can anyone comment on whether this was actually practiced and if so, where and when.Thanks,Jim Cochran

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-NEGATIVE-A847-1950s-Norfolk-Western-Mixed-Cattle-Passenger-Pee-ew-2/312106523214?hash=item48aaff9a4e:g:3MQAAOSwX2xayt~3