1969 photo at former VGN crossing

Sun Jun 24 10:59:38 EDT 2018

To start with, that is a Robert J. Yancey photograph.  It is featured on page 19 of his book "Tidewater Triangle".  To answer your question the train in the photo is eastbound.  Portlock Yard is in the distance.

The diamond had just been removed in the previous days as Robert shot a photo here at South Norfolk a week prior and the crossing was still intact.

Jeff Hawkins

www.railsinvirginia.com
www.railfirephotography.com
  Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2018 8:44 AM
  Subject: 1969 photo at former VGN crossing

  Hello, all:

  I've attached a photo harvested from eBay of a N&W freight train in 1969 at a former Virginian crossing at which the diamonds have been removed.  I'll welcome someone advising whether this is eastbound or westbound and the location.

  Best wishes for "Simmer,"

  Frank

  Moderator: