N&W Electrification Photo

Sun Jun 24 19:03:31 EDT 2018

 Gordon,
I don't know the location, although I think I have this post card. I would guess that the guard rail may be extra precaution to make certain that any derailment would be forced into the bank, instead of the center track.
It appears there may be a tunnel in the background, thus requiring the whistle post.
Just a guess.
Jeff Sanders

 This attached photo of the N&W electrification posted on Ebay raises
several questions such as (1) location? (2) why is there a whistle post
on the diverging line? (3) does the diverging line lead to a tunnel in
the distance? (4) what is the purpose of the guard rail adjacent to the
near running rail in the foreground of the diverging line?  There
appears to be some mechanism on the opposite rail where one would expect
a derail to be located, but why have a guard rail opposite a derail?

Gordon Hamilton
Moderator: